Allied Timbers Zimbabwe through its Marketing and Sales has two Markets which it caters for:
- The thrust is to supply through own retail chains in Zimbabwe with a twin objective of creating customer convenience and achievement of better margins.
- To sell the furniture and pallet manufacturers
- To sell to other retail agencies and the informal sector
- Sell treated poles for transmission and ranching (fencing)
- Sell kitchen cupboards, bedroom Built-in wardrobes and office furniture
What Products and Value Addition
Kiln dried rough sawn timber, Brandering, laminated pine (LAM) Saligna, mouldings, PAR pine timber for truss manufacturing, Finger Jointed pine, TnG (mouldings) and treated poles which are channelled through retail chains
ATZ is a major wholesaler and supplier of Pine and Pine related products, Saligna and Treated Poles on the Regional market.
- Objective is to generate and channel new money into Zimbabwe at a profit while at the same time guaranteeing a product that is sustainable to both Forestry Plantation activities in Zimbabwe and consistent supply to the regional markets.
- Supply countries that predominantly rely on ATZ such as Botswana and Namibia because of their unfavourable weather with regards to forestry related operations
- ATZ remains a key supplier to countries such as Zambia, South Africa, Kenya and Mozambique as ATZ has done well to plantation development with specific reference to transmission poles
Allied Timbers Zimbabwe offers the following timber product range:
There is massive construction of middle class housing projects going on in Zimbabwe and ATZ has strategically located 3 Truss Plant manufacturing units in Harare, Gweru and Bulawayo to meet the housing and construction needs. In line with vision 2030 of developing an upper middle – income economy, construction activities are expected to have high priority and ATZ is expected to play a pivotal role in the supply of trusses.
As part of the groups’ commitment to quality service they offer timber to customers through a retail network that has outlets in Zimbabwe.
The sales centres located major towns, namely Bulawayo, Harare, Chitungwiza, Masvingo, and Gweru where the company retails quality products to locals in these outlets.
The company feeds quality timber, poles and value-added related products close to the customer for their convenience. The Retail Branches are manned by very competent and skilled personnel whose priority is to meet customer needs and offer the best service.
Quality Built-In Cupboards and Doors
The company has opened up a retail Boards and Doors Factory Plant where it produces and retails built-in kitchen, bedroom and office products for the discerning interior decorator or individual. The sophisticated cut and edge plant can produce any design one can ever think of because of the excellent and professional workers that can rival any in the industry.
The Allied timbers Boards and doors department started operating on the 5th of April 2019 but was officially opened on the 6th of June 2019, by His Excellency, Cde Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa. The cut and edge factory is situated in Msasa at 125A Borgward rd., Harare. We have other branches in Chitungwiza, Masvingo, Gweru, Mutare and Bulawayo.
The company came up with the cut and edge project to fulfil the ZIMASSET goals on the cluster of value addition and beneficiation as boards used in the cut and edge production are manufactured using chips, sawdust and shavings from timber. This minimizes timber wastage, reduces pollution and at the same time creating a board which is efficient in terms of size, time and labour. There is also a niche for boards in the construction industry for partitioning in banks, offices.
Cut and edge service includes the cutting of:
- Melamine boards
- Medium densified fibre boards (supawood)
- Bison board (chip board)
- Block board
Different types of furniture can be made using the boards i.e. fitted units and free-standing cupboards, occasional tables, school furniture, office desks and accessories. The use of these boards stretches to construction i.e. decking, ceilings, partitioning
Cut components are then edged on exposed edges using plastic edge strips which come in different sizes and colours matching the boards. The famous boards and doors as we call it, include the manufacturing of cabinet doors which are designed to one’s specifications. Designs come in form of shapes, letters and even animals. The machinery is not limited to cabinet doors, but can also make picture frames and mirror frames